About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Saturday, October 6, 2007

indian summer

Roan and I went to the Morton Arboretum again. This membership has been the one that we have used the most. It basically paid for itself after two visits. By the time we left today, it was almost 90 degrees...and that was before noon! I think this may be the last weekend we'll have Summer weather in Fall.

I really wanted to get some pictures of Roan with the Halloween decorations here, but when I set him on top of a hay bail, he looked at me and said, "Sacairwee." This was the best that I could do.

This was huge pumpkin that had a face craved on it. I think the dark color was actually mold. It was gross. Roan touched it and said, "Eewie."

I tried to adjust the LAB color to make the background in the picture below more colorful as the full sun bleached it of any color in the real world. I think I may have gone too far.

The picture below is what I mean by the full sun bleaching the picture.

Next time, remember to visit the ball on the water last. He was drenched within the first two minutes. Usually, I bring extra clothes just in case there are water opportunities, but I knew there really weren't any here. I was wrong.

Above, another one I tried the LAB adjustment on. There must be something I can do to leave it more realistic looking.


Nothing special about the above picture, but I love that it shows his eyelashes. You can double click on the picture and it should enlarge it...if you care. :) After playing for about 1.5 hours, we stopped on the big treehouse to have a snack.

Roan loves Cheetohs! I tried to only let him have Baked Cheetohs. It's better, right?

"Eewie".

"Ummm..."

Roan is a really picky eater, but the stuff he does like to eat. He eats a lot of!

He also likes to share his food with his Mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

roan's got some long lashes for a little boy :-). these are some precious moments.

today's probably our last day of summer-like weather too. we're suppose to get snow tommorow, but we'll see. oh, and yes, that rose is from the last bunch of flowers that mr. t gave me.

Anonymous said...

The cheetohs photos are sooo cute! Ahahaha...love it.

We had hot and humid weather here this past weekend. Saturday was full sun and today was a bit of cloud. I still want to get more fall photos in, I went to Stillwater after my Saturday shoot and I just didn't have enough time to really explore...got dark by 7pm. Hopefully some fun fall photos for me this week before all the colors are gone.

Anonymous said...

The expecting mom is gorgeous….she’s due in two weeks! Can you believe! The shoot went ok, I think I could have done better…it was very cloudy yesterday and all the maternity was indoor. Huge wall windows so it helped a lot.