About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Monday, October 8, 2007

budget

Choua and I decided that we needed to be more in control of our money. With debit cards, it's so easy to spend away and then realize at the end of the week that we've got nothing to show for the money we've spent. Unfortunately for us though, we can see the money wasting away on our bodies. I should have added to my post about our anniversary "...and 25 pounds later."

Anyways, we are on cash only. Luckily, we've always believed in paying ourselves first so we've got one thing going for us. It pains us that we'll be in the market for another car in a year or so. It's nice to be payment-free (except for my SL). Our budget is pretty lax, but we'll re-evaluate after a couple of months.

It's funny, because I am so much more stingy now that I have to think of where I am spending my money. No more impulse buying for me. It's going well though. I am saving up for one final lens...maybe a Christmas gift?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a nice gift for yourself this Xmas..perhaps a new lens! ;)

Anonymous said...

kaosong--these turned out great!! i love the coloring and composition. good job!

kristine said...

Budgets are a VERY good thing. We realized just how much money we were wasting by not paying attention to what we were buying. CRAP! Good luck!