About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Scenes From the Weekend

**Edited** I don't know why I can't get the pictures to be where I want them and I also don't know why I can't get the wording to work out correctly at the end either. Please try not to let it bother you too much.

I wanted to put these pictures into a storyboard, but I couldn't get a good picture of Roan so as for now, they stand alone. This is his playroom, which is tandem to his bedroom.



















Roan has always loved hiding in our kitchen cabinets so we kind of leave one free of stuff for him to climb in and out of. Well, I kind of was forced to, since I was sick of putting the items back into the cabinet every few hours. For some reason, it's the only cabinet that he really did that to.
I made another cheesy storyboard. I still can't figure out how to customize the background so I have to use the existing templates from PSE.

This morning, after it rained, I decided to take Roan for a walk, thinking things would have cooled down a bit after it rained. I had no idea where to take him, but as soon as we got outside and the weather hit us, literally, I thought it would be nice to head to the little splash pad in historic downtown Lombard. It's free. It was so freaking hot and humid; I swear, I felt like I was going to melt. Thank God there was a little bit of a breeze.
We spent a short time there because we didn't have our swimsuits with us and I didn't put any sunscreen on Roan's shirtless top. On our way back, we bought some ice cream from one of the little shops in downtown.

As I got our ice cream, Roan and I headed over to the leather sofa chairs in the front of the store. There is a coffee table in front of the chairs with magazines neatly displayed on top. It was just too tempting for Roan. He immediately grabbed "Newsweek" and proceeded to climb up one of the chairs to have a seat and enjoy the read and ice cream. I swear, he looked like he was really reading it! He's such a little person now.


I had to convert these to black and white because I accidentally left my custom white balance to the wrong setting. I don't know how to fix it I just converted them. Roan looked very yellow in them.
Sorry, no pictures from the show, but I attended a bachelorette party this weekend and only stayed for the Drag show. It was pretty good. There were two women that were absolute knock outs! It was interesting because watching them kind of renewed a sense of girliness in me. I remembered in college, when I decided I needed to be more girly so I started painting my nails and not wearing only sweats to class.
I realized from watching the show and the women that I should embrace and love being a woman! It should be fun!

No comments: