About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Electricity

I never truly realized just how much I depend on it. We have been without power for almost two days now. Who knows how much longer it will be? I have no access to local news.

Early this week, we decided that we would do one last summer trip to the Dells. Choua and Roan are there now. We left earlier than we had planned due to the power outage, but decided that I should go back home for several reasons. I am not feeling well and someone needs to clean up. So after half a day in Madison, I am back in Chicagoland.

Last night, Choua dropped me off at home. It's funny because there really isn't that much for me to do, since we have no power. I just need to clean out the frig and our yard...and wait for power. By the grace of God, we didn't have much damage at all. I'll post pictures up of the destruction, just three houses down from us. I am working from Panera right now, waiting for my camera battery pack to recharge.

It's crazy just how much time you have when you don't have electricity and your husband and child are gone. Nighttime comes and there is nothing to do, except wait for the next day. I just started a book by Paulo Coelho. I like it so far. I hope to finish it before Choua and Roan get back. I miss them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which one are you reading? I read the Alchemist by Pualo Coelho last summer and thought it was a decent read. I'm looking for something new to feed my brain :-)