About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Snapshots from our trip "Home"

For the Hmong in Minnesota, Fourth of July has a completely different significance. It's the one time a year, in which Como Park is transformed into what I like to call, "Little Vientiane". This year, after many years of lessons, they outfitted the main field with turf [which made for vivid pictures] and a path that was laid with something so as not to kill the grass. I'm not sure it worked.

We haven't been to the July 4th Tournament in years, but Choua wanted Roan to see his "people" so we loaded up the family and headed out on a sunny evening for eats and people watching.

I don't know how interesting this picture is, but I really liked the way the colors turned out. It's pretty much SOOC. In fact, I actually had to tone it down a bit.




I thought this shot was a cool action shot of the ladies soccer tournament. I cropped it a bit though so the picture seems a little out of focus. Uggghhh!



A vendor had these silver necklaces hanging out.




Another vendor selling traditional Hmong dress.






How can I resist putting up a picture of my little one? He found a box of my "little" brother's old cars and legos. My parents have this big living room window that children love because they can walk right up to it and look out. On this day, he thought it would be fun to line them up on the windowsill.





Another angle.







After the 4th, he spent two days with Taylor and Ayden (and his Tais Hlis (Auntie Kaohly). He loved being with them. In fact, he loved being back home with his family. It's hard for me to bring him back.


Above: Taylor, being shy.
Left: Ayden and Roan.









Thanks to Grandma Yang, Choua and I got an (a couple of them) evening out to dine as adults. It is nice to not have to rush through dinner. Or maybe, I need to train my child better? We had dinner at Mirror of Korea, Choua's favorite Korean Restaurant...ever! :)


We enjoyed with both sides of the family as there were two birthdays last Saturday. First it was Ayden's party at Edinborough Park....




...then Jennica's belated party at Bald Eagle Lake. It was an incredibly hot and humid day, but we were fearless, in the name of family.

Uncle Austin and Cousin Leo enjoying watermelon in 100+ degree temperature.




Lastly, we wouldn't let him swim in the questionable water so he made a little trouble by trying to pick up his two month old Cousin, Evan. It was adorable.
More later...it was a relaxing vacation, yet somehow I am exhausted! Not so glad to be back to work, but it pays the bills.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...great tournament photos. It was nice to meet up and chit chat. Let me know when you're in town again. :)