About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Evening Playground Series

I traded in my 70-300mm and 50mm f/1.8D for a 50mm f/1.4! It's so amazing! I love this lens. After I put Roan down for the night, I headed out to the park and all of these little kids wanted me to take pictures of them. At first they were shy, but soon enough, I couldn't respond quickly enough.
A lonely cat...thank goodness for the many that run around our neighborhood because even in our very old house, there are no mice!

My attempt at photojournalism.

She ran up to the swings and looked at me...shy at first, but then she started flashing smiles.

Her little sister...what beautiful eyes?


A couple other kids. I had some group shots, but it was after dusk when I went out there and so I had to open the lens up at 1.4 in order to get enough light so most of the picture was fuzzy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got the 1.4! It is an amazing lens. You will love it.