About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Waitress

I liked it! It was a cute movie. I still think that infidelity is wrong, but it was a good movie. It inspired me and gave me hope and reassurance that life is good.

I had a horrible work experience yesterday. I was presenting data to the CEO and like 10 of their VP's of one of our members and had to use my cell (because the batteries on my landline crapped out on me). I kept breaking in and out and just as I was finishing up, the CEO says to me, "Are you on a cell phone?"

"I'm sorry, yes I am." I respond.

"Well, it seems to me that your participation is not as valuable as it could be if you were not using your cell phone."

OMG! I wasn't sure if I heard him right (as he was also breaking on and off) so I was a bit stunned. The senior person on the call from my group spoke up, but sh!t! I felt horrible the rest of the call. Anyways, I get an email today that this particular CEO is retiring. My boss jokingly says to me, "It looks like your cell phone issue has caused [Name] to retire." Thank goodness he didn't blame me.

My photography is getting better, but this past weekend we visited Choua's cousin, who graduated with her masters in psychology. It was a very sunny day. I found myself in "Deer in headlights" mode as I could not figure out how to take good pictures in direct and very bright sun! I couldn't figure out how to adjust the settings. I gave up and used "auto". I guess I should take some test shots before going at it for real. Lesson learned. I'll try to post some of those pictures up and some others.

These are two from my sister that have my parents and all of their grandkids.

This one is missing Tswb...he must have had a melt down...everyone looked happier in this one though.











No comments: