About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Ageing



Roan turns two tomorrow. His birthday is affecting me more than my own. I can't believe he's already two. It feels so natural to be a mom and wife, but every now and then I catch a glimpse of my life as a single young working woman and I can't believe that I am 32 and completely domesticated.




I look in the mirror and think I still look youthful, but then the pimply kid cashier calls me "Ma'am" and I am floored. Do I really look like a "Ma'am"?

When I go back to my hometown and I run into someone I knew from high school, I think, "Gosh, [insert name] has really aged." I wonder what they think of my looks? I can't look that old. Of course, my extra 20 pounds does aid--they probably just think: "Kaosong got fat". Seriously, I need to lose at least 20 pounds. That's another entry.

For the most part, it doesn't bother me, since 40 is the new 29, but some days, I think I really need to start taking care of myself. Since I've become a mother, I have completely lost myself again. I wonder how many more times I'll do that in my lifetime?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I just posted about aging on my blog. I received my 10 yr high school reunion invite over the weekend. Blah. I am feeling old now. :( Happy birthday to Roan!