About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Monday, June 30, 2008

playground searching

Roan and I went for a walk at Graue Mill on Sunday. As we were on the path and after letting three dogs kiss him, he asked me if we could go to the playground. It was getting late and the mosquitos were starting to come out in full rage so I told him, we'd have to find one. Roan started saying, "Playground, where are you?" so I played along.

We started walking back towards the car and I heard him stop. As I turned around, I saw him facing a large tree and heard him ask the tree if it's seen a playground. Roan's got a great imagination. He asked a couple more trees about the playground. We learned a good lesson that evening--Trees don't know where playgrounds are...or they are not talking.


Above: I got a smile AND eye contact!


Above: He was putting on his "mean" face.

Above: "Hello? Anyone home?" Every time we come here the mill is closed. He always tries to get in.

BTW...It's real...the D700 is real! I love my D300 and can live with it for now, but I am going to save up for this one: Full frame, high ISO performance? I'm drooling!

2 comments:

Marketing Mama said...

Love the mean face - and the mill photo. :)

kristine said...

i think it is adorable that he walked around saying "playground where are you?" When graycen is looking for something, she walks around saying the same thing. usually it is her cup - which she ALWAYS call juice. she will walk arounf saying "juiiiice, where are youuuu???" i just love it!