About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

macro



I finally got a nice shot using my 50mm backwards. I had heard that you can use it as a macro lens that way. It was so difficult though trying to get the settings correct and then holding the camera and lens against the camera and making sure that it didn't shake and pray that the wind did not blow the dandelion in the least bit so the picture would be in focus. My neighbors think I'm funny, but in the end, I like the result. It confirms that I would like to rent a macro lens to do more artistic work.

On a completely other note, yesterday morning, before taking Roan to daycare, I was holding him in his little sofa chair from PB. He always likes to lean back on me really hard so that we flip backwards onto the ground. In his playroom, there is a wall that is made of brick where the chimney from the basement comes up. Well, do you see where I am going with this?

Roan catches me off guard and puts all of weight on me. We start going backwards and I feel my left ear brush up against the side of the brick wall and before I can brace us, I hear his little head hit the corner of the chimney. He immediately starts crying...not his recently normal, whiny cry, but a real cry and he's frantically rubbing his head.

Anyways, he is fine and the huge egg of a bump on his head is almost non-existent now, but I called his Pediatrician's office to make sure there wasn't anything more I should do, since immediately after he hit his head, he got a major bloody nose that last for about 10-15 minutes. She asked me if I iced it and I said "No". I mean, I was busy trying to get his nose to stop and when it finally did, I went and got the Tiger Balm to put on it. That's what mom used to put on me when I would hit my head on something. The nurse asked me what it was and I explained it. She was amused by it and said she'd call me back after she talked to an actual Pediatrician.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice macro. i haven't read on using the 50mm that way. i'll have to give a try. but love the shot, i took a photo on my trip that looks almost like that...ahahaa...not really a macro though.

Marketing Mama said...

That's a cool photo... what is Tiger Balm?