About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Thursday, May 1, 2008

searching

I am so torn right now. I don't know what I want to do, photographically. I don't even know if I want to go into business, formally. I truly feel like newborn and maternity are my calling, but I also love wedding, which I have not yet done. Lately, I've been thinking about seniors too, but again have not tried it yet. I feel like such a mess right now regarding my photographic goals. I suppose I have time though...forever, right?

Feeling saner today. I have to admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed. Time for a vacation. Thank God! In just over a week, we'll be in Florida. Sigh...too bad I'll be working for most of it.

This photo puts me in a fun state of mind for some odd reason.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are very talented. You have a good eye for capturing emotions and moments that are unstaged. Have you ever considered using your talent to document an important cause or issue in your life? Maybe do something that can be bounded and used a as a tribute for that cause?

I know you are struggling with finding yourself and your identity. Maybe doing photo documentary of the evolution of Hmong women from Laos to the current date. Photos that capture the change in how Hmong women dress then to how they dress now, emotions captures in the faces of Hmong women in Laos vs. in the US, photos documenting the changes in our roles through out this time period. I'm sure with the hardship of Hmong women in Laos and their roles as females in a culture that doesn't alway afford them the same rights wares very differntly on their facial emotions.

There are very few written or documented accounts of Hmong people by Hmong people. Books, articles, etc...that have been written by Hmong people are done by people of other ethnic origins. It would be awesome if something artistic yet revealing about the changes of Hmong women was created by a Hmong women.

Or maybe even something about your journey as a mother of a child with speach delays. I'm sure your beautiful photos could be inspirational to other mothers who maybe are feeling a sense of guilt and shame even though its not their fault.

I always feel like if God gives us special talents, we should use it in a way that inspires and changes lives. I know the incentive here is not monetary but I am a firm beliver that when you follow your heart and what inpires you, the money will find it's way to you whether you want it or not.

I don't want to get ahead of myself but if you are interested in following this route, I would could help you look for grants to support your project and to introduce you to other artist who you could share your thoughts and ideas with to gain insight on this process.

kristine said...

That's a tough call. Maybe you can see if there is a wedding photographer that is in need of an assistant or something. Maybe you could try it out that way?? I think you are capable of doing all of the above, though!
Good luck!
Enjoy your trip...even if it is mostly a working one.