About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Monday, March 17, 2008

recap


I had the best birthday ever! Choua and I took Friday off and took Roan to see Horton Hears a Who and then we all went for a walk. We took Roan to his favorite restaurant, Nordstrom Cafe, and then got a sitter to watch him so that we could go into the city for dinner. It was wonderful. Choua tried to get me drunk. It was funny.

I have no pictures from the day, but here are some of RoRo playing in the Sand & Sea box. It's pretty much sand with pools of melted snow now. Yeah, we never put it away for the winter. I was also trying out my wide open settings on the 85mm so if the pictures seem a little soft, that's why. I really love the color when I expose properly. I didn't do anything to enhance the color in the picture below. I just sharpened for web and resized after running a slight defog.

Thanks for all of the well wishes on my birthday. It truly was the best one ever! All of my wishes have or are coming true. I'm very happy and feel really blessed.

I didn't run on Saturday, but I started week 4 of Couch to 5K and am now running six minutes straight! It's hard, but wonderful! I remember the feel of runner's high and I love it! I'm really fat now though so it's taking me longer to get into it. The first time I started running, 8 years ago, I went from .5 miles to 2 miles in like two weeks. Now, I'll be lucky if I ever get there. I also love running outside. I love being able to set visual goals for myself and pushing myself to get to the goal. I feel really blessed!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Kaosong! Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Yeah, I think therapy is helping. Max's speech has improved immensely, although we're not 100% sure how much therapy contributed to it.

kristine said...

Sounds like your day was great!! That is juust wonderful! I absolutely LOVE the top pictures! Beautiful!!!! I'm still bummed our meeting didn't work out at Thanksgiving..

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you had such a wonderful birthday. i love Roan's bright red sweater with the elbow patch :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Roan's cardigan. Cute! Glad to hear you had a wonderful b-day. Let's hope for some warm weather really soon!