About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

pink


Our friends moved to Africa in October and they returned for a visit. While they were here, we were lucky to have spent some time with them. Ainsley turned one and started walking. We attended her party as guests, but I took out my camera to capture some snapshots of the party and birthday girl.

It was absolutely adorable! So wonderfullly girlie. Roan did not eat any of the dinner, except a few chips because he was saving himself for the cake...and why wouldn't he...look at this cake:

Once again, I forgot to change my ISO setting as I was shooting in major low light the time before so the pictures are very grainy. You can really tell in the last picture, when I converted it. I have to install my Noiseware on my new computer, but I really wanted to get some of these up. These are at ISO 2000! Can you believe it? This is better than what ISO 800 would have looked like on my old D80. To credit the D300, this is a major crop also so it probably appears more grainy than it really is because it's blow up a little.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea for a blog. Your pictures are lovely too! I was just blog hopping and came upon your blog by chance. Best wishes. :o)

Marketing Mama said...

Great pics! Looks like you are really enjoying your new camera! That Barbie cake is pretty cool. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and for asking about how I'm doing. Just one more week till I head back to work... I'm feeling a bit apprehensive, but overall I'm hanging in there and enjoying every little moment I can. That and going to P.T. for my back... which is slowly on the mend. :)

Anonymous said...

cute baby and cake :-). i swear i haven't even begin to figure out the ins and outs of the d80 yet and it's been well over a year now.

Jessica said...

Yum...that cake is beautiful! :) Posting comment from "The Nest" photog board!!

kristine said...

How cute! I love the pics you captured there...

Mang said...

Hi Kaosong- My mom is doing fine now. I suppose when parents have adult children around they can be discreet about what's going on in their lives. It's kind of scary at the same time. B/c I'm still a child of theirs. But also b/c I do really care for her well-being now that I don't live with them.

Oprah is in Chicago isn't she? I forgot, have you ever had a chance to go see her? just wondering.

What great pictures you catch with your camera! Yeah, that is a girly birthday. Lucky gal.

Jami said...

I love that Roan was holding out for the cake! It looks like the b-day girl enjoyed it too!!

Anonymous said...

That's what I call a cake! :) Was it yummy?