About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

1st Project



This is my very first project in Photoshop Elements. It's not the greatest. I need to play around with the pictures first, but I just wanted to complete one.

I really want to get this for Roan because he loves sand and he loves water. In addition, he especially loves being outside. It would work out lovely on our patio. I don't know if I can justify the cost though. I still get teased by the moms in the playgroup about the time I bought Roan the papasan swing because "he's such a good little baby; he deserves it."

Choua and I hardly buy him any toys. Relatively speaking, he doesn't have much. However, he doesn't really like toys all that much...unless they are not his. I always say that he is fickle like his Daddy. Choua used to say that he wanted his children's toys to be rocks and sticks...can I say self-fulfilling? Roan's absolute favorite things include: water, stones, bubbles, and sticks!

We are trying to downsize our lives and reduce clutter. Choua's goal is to live light. It's easy for him because he doesn't really hold things with sentiment. Everything is dosposable to him. I, on the other hand, cannot seem to throw anything out, though I aspire to living more lightly. There is so much waste on this planet.

We are also planning to eat greener. I went to Whole Foods on Sunday and was shocked at two things:

1.) Prices

2.) How much I loved being there!

Marketing totally works on me. Everything looked so beautiful there. The colors of the fruit and veggies all stacked up so beautifully! I felt like a kid in a candy store! The ready to take home foods called to me!

I really wished I had my camera there to take pictures of it! Next time I go, I'll have to bring it with me. I have to admit though, I probably will not go anytime soon. It's quite a drive for me and it's way too expensive. I can get some of the exact things from my local grocer now. Also, Trader Joe's is so much more affordable and closer, though they don't always have everything that we need. Ughh! Why can't this world revolve around me? :p

This is the day that my little boy decided to let me know that he was through with me and my camera.

2 comments:

jewlzyaj said...

oh my gosh roan is soooo adorable in his 2 month picture you posted! it doesnt look like him at all now.

Yes, definatly, lets get together when you guys come down for july 4th. You havn't seen our place yet, its small but colorful, you'll have fun taking pictures in it. heheehe and I would love for you to teach me how to use the camera. All i know how to do is point and shoot, thats why i wanted to get a point and shoot camera. The colors dont look that nice cuz kung always yells at me when I try to play around with the settings. He alwasys says, "JUST PUT IT ON AUTO!"

Girl, I know exactly what you mean. Why cant Kung grow up! All he does is play computer games all day, doesn't look for a job, doesn't care to clean the house unless I repeat myself 100 times for 3 days straight. Ugh! At least Choua has a professional job and has to act at least a bit professional at times! And then he tries to make me feel bad and sorry for him that no one wants to hire him. Well duh, cuz you arn't even applying for anything! Ok, so I can complain forever. But you are so right about they older they are, the more they're good at pretending to be older when they're just a lost kid.

Anyway, call us when you guys get up here. We have nothing planned. We can hang out and take pictures!

Anonymous said...

Kaosong, you're definitely putting that camera into use! You really capture Roan in his moments....you should be proud of what you've learned in the last few months!