About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

progress

Feels like I'm always bribing my kid with "special treats" to get photos of him, but it never works. The minute I put the camera up to my face, he looks away. It's very frustrating. Anyways, we had a lot of sun yesterday (and today too) and so I tried to get some pictures with full sun.

Above: eye contact...good, but dang those pin lights. I need to get him to look up at me. Still trying to achieve catch lights with him. I don't know why I even try.

Above: a second later and he's off to come down to where I am.

Above: My little hurricane mess.

I finally have an update on my 'Couch 2 5k' training. I haven't been reporting because I have shamelessly fallen behind. I have been stuck on week six for three weeks now because I have only had time to run once a week.

I am happy to report that tonight was the second time I've run this week and I am up to running 10 minutes straight (in three intervals of walk 2 minutes, run 10 minutes). I know it doesn't sound like much, but I count it as an achievement. It's hard to run with 25 extra pounds on my 5'3 and 1/8" (yes...every 1/8" counts when you are this short) frame.

I don't think I'll make the actual run, but I was able to do 3.1 miles in about 39 minutes of run/walking. Again, doesn't sound like much, but it's something I haven't been able to do in a long time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your son is adorable, and your pictures are great!

Talk about being short. I'm 5'; yep, just 5'... I can't even say I'm a mm taller. :(

Marketing Mama said...

Those are cute pics! Congrats on making progress on your running - that's great, even if it's not as fast as you thought it would be. :)

Unknown said...

i love the face pic of roro. he's such a stinker! and you can do that run/walk. who cares if you have to run/walk, u still did it! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you that when you're short, every cm counts :-). Good job to you for making progress on running!

Staci said...

congrats on your c to 5k progress! I did the program a few months ago and ended up running a 10k! I had NEVER been a runner before this program and it absolutely worked, so keep up the hard work!
(found your blog from the nest photo board =)

Anonymous said...

I think if I had kids I'd have to bribe them as well... :) Way to go on C25K. I start wk4, I've stalled on wk 2&3 foreeever, I got busy and running moved down on the list of priorities.