About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

friendship

Another rainy day today. I'm not going to complain about it because I realize it's all just a part of God's plan. And it helps everything to bloom. I was so happy the other day because I went outside and saw our bulbs starting to bloom. I made a mental note to get pictures, but forgot...as usual.

Rainy days are notorious for leading to reflection. I've been thinking a lot about friendships lately. I have been lucky in my life to have amazing siblings that I love and get along with so well. I really do consider them my very best friends. However, I've also acquired some very wonderful non-related best friends as well. I've had to rely on my friends throughout my single life and time living far from my family.

It's been hard balancing friendships and the slice of my life that I have allotted to them has decreased significantly over the years. I know the true friends understand and luckily I don't have too many drama addicted friendships, but I find myself missing the company of these individuals. Whenever I do get to spend some time with them, it's always wonderful, but bittersweet. After all, they are a part of the history that is me.

I also wonder if we didn't have technology, if it would be even harder to keep in touch. I can't imagine the time involved in maintaining friendships the old school way, though it is rewarding.

With my recent birthday and other events in my life, I plan to do some reflection and re balancing of my life. I've not been a very good friend lately. ...which leads to the question, "How do I make the friendship slice bigger without affecting the other slices?" I am open to suggestions.

And of course, no post is complete without photos so here are a couple from yesterday, when it was sunny and almost 60 degrees.

Above: I had to bribe him with a sucker. The look on his face says it all.

Above: And I couldn't resist this picture because I love his little mouth. BTW, a couple older ladies told me that I had a beautiful little girl the other day. Should we cut his hair again? I just got it trimmed two weeks ago.

P.S. I know the banner kind of sucks, but I'll need to figure out why most of the pictures are so blurry.

2 comments:

kristine said...

The whole friendship/life balance is kind of hard sometimes. With working full time, caring for your family full time and also trying to find some 'you' time it can be tricky. Good luck in figuring things out for yourself. I love the new banner! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Kaosong, i just spoke with typepad and they thought it might have something to do with your computer specifically like an anti-virus software or the browser you're using. sorry, not sure if i'm much help there. but the link to my site is goldenflowerphotos.typepad.com