About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Second Chance, a Wedding, and a Birthday Party

We visited Choua's great grandma (Roan's great, great grandma) over the weekend. She has just returned from the hospital where she was not expected to survive. No one really knows how old she is, but I've heard that she is at least 100 years old. She is still so very alert and self-sufficient.



Here is the birthday girl, right before the wedding.


A couple of pictures from the wedding and reception. It was a beautiful wedding and my cousin, Sheneva, looked stunning.

Taylor was the flower girl and she was so pretty!

These are my grandparents--my mom's parents. There was not enough lighting so I had to open it up all of the way on this lens and that is why my grandpa is part of the bokeh. My grandma is also still so vibrant and healthy.

And then, there is my little Ham, Gabe. I wish he was closer. He always looks right at me when I take pictures of him.

One more from the reception. Ethan is such a boy! It's very grainy because I had to PP it a lot. The room was too dark.

The next day, we celebrated Aleah's birthday. After eating a ton, we went to Como Town. Roan refused to nap at home so he fell asleep in his stroller.

On our last day, we took a few Yang family pictures. This is one of Uncle Tony and Roan. He bought Roan the sword and puppy that Roan loves.

It was a really nice weekend, but as usual, it went too fast. I always feel so sad when we come back from the Twin Cities because I see just how much Roan loves and enjoys both sides of his family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love photos of elderly people -- there's just something about all the lines and wrinkles in their faces and hands. good job on this series. btw, i just now noticed that you can click on your photos to view a bigger photo :-).

Anonymous said...

in regards to the font, i don't mind at all :-). it's a fun font! as for the focus issues, i'm just not sure how much of it is me and how much of it is the camera. with my old lens, i wasn't happy with the quality of portraits although it worked great for lanscape purposes.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a good visit. Beautiful shots of the grandparents…. I’ve been meaning to go back and shoot some photos of my grandmother, just so I have them.

The Hers said...

Did you upload your pictures from the weekend? If so, can you send me the link with your login? I want to print some of the pictures.