About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Neat DIY Trick for the Photographer on a Budget

I have been so limited on my indoor pictures due to lighting and the fact that I hate to use my on camera flash. I found this link and it is just amazing. I am still working on the settings, but I am truly amazed! I had all of the materials already so it cost me nothing and it works like a charm.

http://www.sublime-light.com/index.php/2007/08/13/diy-use-off-camera-lighting-if-you-dont-own-a-flash

This is the shot with my pop up flash in the evening:

Same shot with flash, but with the index card contraption...NO SHADOWS!

And can you believe the rest of these are with my pop up flash (with the index card contraption of course)?


I have never been able to get good bath pictures until now!

Does this mean that I no longer a specialize in "natural light"? All of these are basically, SOOC so no post processing except added border and watermark. The ones of Roan, I had to bring up the exposure, just a tad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! I'll have to try. I hate hate flash. I can't remember the last time I used flash. Maybe I hate it because I don't know how to use it. Ahaha. I bought the sb600 a year ago and I've only used it once.

I love the bath photo. Cute.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tip! i hate the flash on the d80, so i'll have to try this :-)

pinkpeony said...

kaosong, please add more pictures from shaneva's wedding, EVEN IF THEY'RE NOT GOOD. I want to see!

my site should be public now.