About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Monday, February 25, 2008

first shots!

I went and did it! These are amongst some of the first shots from my D300!

I accidentally changed the settings to JPEG on the following two so I couldn't do as much to my WB, which was set to Auto. They both look a bit cool on here, but I promise they are not.

I realized I was not being very nice to my child in the middle of a frozen field as I told him to look up at me so I could get catchlights. Very NOT cool! Seriously, no wonder he doesn't think having his picture taken is fun. Look at this face:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute, Kaosong!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the camera! Looks great.

kristine said...

even though it wasn't fun for him - I LOVE the 3rd picture!

Marketing Mama said...

Those are beautiful, I love his hat! :)

Okema said...

Congrats on the new camera!

Christina said...

Beautiful!! Congratulations on your new camera!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new camera. you'll have to give us a review soon :-).

Mang said...

Hi Kaosong- you probably won't remember me, but I attended one of your adult fellowship back in the days at the Hmong Methodist church. Actually, if I remembered correctly, you said that I was one of your first invitees? lol..=)

Anyways, somehow I found you here. I still see your brother Phillip around. I saw your parents again at the church, I was also visiting everyone. They look great for being gone for awhile.

The pictures are wonderful!

Mang said...

We bought a new townhome not too long ago in December. It's really nice. It has about 1950 sqft. 3 floors, and 3 bdrms. Seems like a good fit for the two of us now. Yeah, I figured that out that some men don't like yard work at all. Where was your old TH at anyways?

Looks like you take pictures on the side? Interesting.

See you around.

pinkpeony said...

Thanks for the advice sis. I agree, the storm has settled. I left my phone at Lissa's (kaohly's work friend's daughter) on Sunday night. I'm picking it up tonight. I'm not avoiding anybody, i just haven't been able to drive there and get it. LOVE roan's photos, he's soooooooooooooo darling.