About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

troublemaker

How can this sweet little face already be such a trouble-maker? I got notice that he had to be separated from another boy at school and the bus because they were fighting. I feel so conflicted over this.

The bus driver told Mary, his daycare provider, that she thinks it's the bigger boy (not Roan). Roan doesn't have any issues with this anyone else, but the big one does. The little one (Roan) is only defending himself. Mary says, "What's a little guy supposed to do, but stand up for himself?"

Here's our conversion:

Me: What happened?

Ro: I fight.

Me: Why?

Ro: He pull my hair.

Me: So you hit him?

Ro: Yes.

Me: Did he hit you?

Ro: Yes.

Me: Is he your friend?

Ro: Yes.

We have our first parent/teacher conference on Monday night. I have no idea how it's going to go.

On another front...he loves baking with me.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am conflicted over incidents like this too. I want my kids to be able to stand up for themselves, but I don't condone violence either...My husband thinks it's fine if my children hit back in self defense. Luckily, they have not been confronted with a situation like this just yet.

Anonymous said...

oh no, first fight already, but good to hear that he knows to defend himself. i am dreading Max's first fight.