About Me

My photo
Thank you for visting my blog. When I started this blog, it was just the vehicle for which I had hoped to share photos of our life in Chicagoland with our loved ones, but it has turned into so much more for me. Life is ever evolving in our household and time no longer stands still. Every moment is precious and worthy of being captured and treasured. In addition, through my love of the camera, I have had the opportunity to meet and also capture moments in others' lives. It is my hope, with this blog, that when my memory fails me, the words and photos on this blog will remind of where we were. History...Through My Glass...

Sunday, December 16, 2007

weekend fun

We had a fun weekend. Roan is getting to that age where he really wants to do stuff for himself. I am trying to take advantage of this by teaching him early that washing dishes after every meal...AND...cleaning up after yourself is very important!


He kept telling me to "Stay!", which is his way of telling me to not interfere with him. He washed these two sippy cups for like 10 minutes.


Roan and I saw "Enchanted" on Saturday morning. The theatre opens at 10a and so we try to go at that time, in case, he can't sit still. He was great! We packed snacks and his blankie and he only got up twice to walk down the aisle. When I told him to come back though, he did. I was really surprised.

We spent Saturday night at our friend's house. After a delicious dinner, we played poker. In the midst of playing, Roan and Matthew, ran into the room and shouted, "Ta Da!" I think it must be a little boy thing because if you read my blog regularly, you'll see that Roan and his cousin, Ethan also love running around without their shirts on. All of the kids played so well together and Roan was in heaven, with the toys and all of the attention.

This was the scene at the end of the night. They were chillin, watching "Transformers".

And...the best part of the night, we went home winners! That's actually Choua's winnings. I only went home with $5 more than what I started with. It just felt good to finally have some sort of a clue about what I was doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you like Enchanted? I thought it was cute -- a bit slow in some parts :-). I'm so thankful I have a husband who cleans and can get by with cooking, so I want to raise my son to be self-sufficient too and not wait for his wife to wait on him. I'm glad to see you're teaching Roan how to do dishes too.

Anonymous said...

You're training Roan well! :) The photos look fun. I haven't played poker in such a long time, I'm actually not too bad...I always end up winning. I think it's because people think I don't know how to play.